Help:any post-KD vaccination?

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
gracenie2005

Help:any post-KD vaccination?

Post by gracenie2005 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:59 pm

My son had KD one year and eight months ago when he was just near 2 years old. He had all the typical symptions that may occur to KD patients. We even had two lots of IVIG, and took one-year-long asprin, and luckily didn't have any after-effects.
However, since the start of KD, my son hadn't have any vaccination at all. Here in China, the disease control center in charge of children vaccination regulates that the childern with any experience of IVIG injection shall not have vaccination until at least 6 months later. Though it had been eight months later since we stopped taking any KD-related medince, we're still worried about the any side-effect or even recurrence of KD after taking any vaccination.
My great concern might be proven in two ways: some believe that their children had KD just after vaccination; some think that since the root cause of KD is still unknown, it might be risky to have any vaccination, which may lead to unknown results.
I don't know what to do now!!!
In China, vaccination is compulsory for children to go to school or abroad except for special reasons. My son is going to go to kindergarden soon, we are asked to take him to have those vaccination he missed. But I really don't know what will happen?! Can anyone help me with your story or any heard theory about it?
Thanks in advance!!