Burning in the hands and Feet

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
rwilliams1530

Burning in the hands and Feet

Post by rwilliams1530 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:59 am

Hi all,

It was just four years ago, when my daughter was diagnosed with the worst case of Kawasaki Disease at Joe DiMaggio hospital. She has successfully recovered; thanks to all the Gamma Globulin infusions and Aspirins. However, four years later and she has been complaining about burning in her hands and feet. Just, as I thought my troubles was behind me this started. Has anyone experienced this during Kawasaki or years later?

Thanks in advance,

Concerned mom

Wduffy

Re: Burning in the hands and Feet

Post by Wduffy » Wed May 07, 2014 12:54 pm

I am not sure if you still check this thread but did you have any luck with a diagnosis on the burning in your daughters hands and feet?

My step daughter was dx and treated for Kawasaki about 7 years ago but since then she has had a hard time with her skin and the sun. She is very sensitive to the sun and breaks out in blisters on her face after only a short time in the sun. The blisters take a long time to go away and often leave scaring. Her primary care doctor has been unable to determine what is causing it or how to treat it.

Your daughters issues may be completely different than mine, but i saw the burning and wanted to take the chance to ask or see if anyone else has had any issues with skin problems since treatment and recovery.

Thank you

Nancy
KD Forum Leader

Re: Burning in the hands and Feet

Post by Nancy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:42 am

a complex skin issue is out of a primary care provider's area of expertise !
Have you seen a Dermatologist, preferably at a children's hospital ?
Unlikely to be KD related, so keep asking questions !

nancy