Fever returned 8 days after discharge

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
Aubreysmom

Fever returned 8 days after discharge

Post by Aubreysmom » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:15 pm

My daughter was treated for KD two weeks ago. She had two IVIGs during her hospitalization and was kept 36 hours after the second with no return of fever and she was feeling much better. We came home and stayed for 8 days and she spiked another fever to 101.3 and had increased fatigue, nausea and pain in her side. They readmitted her to do another work up and couldn't find any cause for the fever, including no return of other KD symptoms. Her fever went away within several hours without any treatment. All her labs have returned to normal, except ESR, which is trending down. The cardiologist on call said sometimes you can have blips of fever as you recover. I haven't read this anywhere. Have any of you experienced this or read it in any medical literature? She seems okay. She's playing today and has no complaints. We came home from the hospital yesterday.

linzykelley

Re: Fever returned 8 days after discharge

Post by linzykelley » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 pm

My son was treated 8 days ago and tonight he has a low grade temp of 100.2 no other symptoms. He's been really playful and happy today. How is your little one now?