KD atipycal with new ocurrance

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
Rute

KD atipycal with new ocurrance

Post by Rute » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:55 am

Hallo, I'm a mother of a boy with 14 months now but was diagnosed KD when we was 8 months. We live in a small country in Europe and my sun was quickly assisted. The symptoms were very clear and on day 5 was adminstraded imoglubin. He responded very well but after 3 days fever returned. So they tried a 2nd time but fever continue reactivate. Thy decide to make 3 high corticoids and result was not well succed. We were so scared because in the meantime disease had developed 3 aneurisms in coronary arteries. So they another treatment with Infliximab that is a medication with some adverse effects, it seems in Japan where KD is aggressive they use it right away if Imoglubin doesn't acts. And it worked...
My boy was with me all these months and didn't got back for daycare. After 5 months and it seems he got some virus and developed again this disease. We stayed so sad bcause we thought was ended...My sun is making aspirin once a day and 2 injection of Lovenox that I give him.
My questions are... Do you know how often can happen?
Parents of children with KD, how are your children after years?
They have a normal life?
My boy calls Elias and the way he responds to treatments were so atypical on 1st time. 2nd time he responds immediately...
We left hospital past Thursday and we are very scared.
Please give us your testimonials.
Thanks