Viruses reaking havic

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
Alberta

Viruses reaking havic

Post by Alberta » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:50 am

My daughter was 3 when she was diagnosed and treated for Kawasaki Disease. She has 10 hours of IVIG and a month of aspirin after and cleared of any health issues one month after treatment. She is now 13 but she is so susceptible to viruses and then they seem to stick around for weeks at times. (6 weeks for one this spring) She has also has a blown appendix that required emergency surgery to remove and save her. A nurse later told me they were really concerned that she wouldn't make it because her white blood count was so high. Before the appendix she was severely sick at least 3 other times and they checked her for appendix issues but always decided it wasn't that. She gets a virus and it lingers and last night after an ambulance ride to the ER because she had severe chest pain and all the signs and symptoms of a heart attack she was diagnosed with a condition where the cartilage in her chest is inflamed causing severe pain on every breath. This too they feel is caused by yet another virus. Anyone have a KD Kid that seems to get other mayor health issues and viruses that won't leave? I am curious if there seems to be any correlation of KD and other illness's.