13 year old son diagnosed with Kawasaki-positive ANA, RNP antibodies in bloodwork after IVIG suggesting MCTD??

General discussion regarding Kawasaki disease
dylan041303

13 year old son diagnosed with Kawasaki-positive ANA, RNP antibodies in bloodwork after IVIG suggesting MCTD??

Post by dylan041303 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:42 am

My healthy 13 year old son was recently diagnosed with Kawasaki. He started feeling sick with positive strep tests. The fever would not go away after 3 different antibiotics we ended up in the ER and he was admitted. His symptoms at first were really bad sore throat, blood red eyes, and high fever, then after 5 days his neck was really hurting. He then started having pain in his ankles. After 6 days in the hospital the IF doctor suspected Atypical Kawasaki. He was given IVIG therapy and his symptoms starting getting better, the fever broke and has not been back. He has been home from the hospitals for 31/2 weeks. His joint pain was really bad in the beginning hardly being able to walk at times. It is still present in his ankles slightly and now in his hand are slightly swollen and weakened. I have changed his diet to Gluten free and dairy free. He is improving but now the pain is more in his hand than his ankles. The IF doctor ran blood work 3 weeks after the IVIG was given and it has come back positive for ANA, RNP, antibodies which could suggest LUPUS or scleroderma or Juvenile arthritis. Has anyone else been through this?? We have now been referred to a Rheumatologist based on his blood work. I was wondering if the blood work coming back positive could have been skewed due to IVIG or could be because of the Kawasaki?? Any incite would be so appreciated. The worrying is really killing me...