Our story.

Personal stories of individuals and families affected by Kawasaki disease
Codymom

Our story.

Post by Codymom » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:05 am

Our story starts like many others I have read on here. Daughter started a fever on 2-7, ranging from 100-104 started Tylenol and Motrin to break fever. Nothing worked. On 2-12 I took her to the doctor and they said strep and started her on augmentin. That night I took her to the urgent care center where she had a strep test and flu test both negative. 2-13 took her to the er as rash as spread and her eyes were getting worse, also she had s topped walking and would scream out when we touched her, fever still ranging as it was before. ER docs said it was a reaction to the meds and sent her home. On Tuesday 2-19 called her ped and he ordered blood work due to her getting worse and still not walking. It took almost 24 hours to hear back from him and when we did we were told to take her 2 hours away to a ped cardiologist. He did an EKG, and an echo. Results of this showed some inflammatory markers (?). Started IVIG that day (course only took about 7 hours). We were sent home about 6 hours after treatment finished. Got home and daughter spiked a fever of 103.5 and was vomiting. Took her to local ER where they contacted the cardiologist and told us to go back to hospital. When we got back to the hospital that administered the IVIG they looked at us like we were crazy and sent us home. Her blood work on 2-19 showed a SED rate of 99 and platelet count of 900,000 along with elevated whit count. As of 2-21 blood work shows SED rate of 100, and platelet count of 1.1 million. She is still running a low grade fever of 99.8 hopefully she starts feeling better soon and I can have my little one back.